I help overwhelmed loved ones determine what their
dying person’s wishes are, to understand and access their options,
and create a meaningful goodbye.
As an experienced Death Doula and Death Educator in Elora, Ontario, I offer guidance from diagnosis through death and bereavement.
I came to deathcare through experiencing the deaths of a few loved ones. I was left with an intuitive sense that there must be another way to do dying, death and bereavement than the current cultural model. I saw a deep desire to be seen in the experience of those that were dying. Having had similar yearnings in my life, I connected with them exactly where they were in their experience and deeply stayed with them in their humanity with assumptions, judgment or fixing.
This led me to become a Death Doula and start Modern Deathcare. I am committed to deeply seeing and acknowledging my clients. I am dedicated to a legacy of changing our cultural model and reclaiming community-centred deathcare. I believe in encouraging a cultural reengagement in dying, death and bereavement and that death planning leads to a meaningful and transformational experience.
Upcoming & Past Events
- Tue., Feb. 02Elora Brewing CompanyFeb. 02, 2021, 7:00 p.m. – Feb. 19, 2021, 12:00 a.m.Elora Brewing Company, 107 Geddes St, Elora, ON N0B 1S0, CanadaReceive as many new seed packets as you send in to swap! Try new tomato varieties, get your hands on some hard to find heirloom seeds, try out some of your fellow gardeners' faves and buy fewer seeds this season. We're still a community even if we can't see one another in person!
- Thu., Jan. 23Victoria Park Seniors CentreJan. 23, 2020, 10:00 a.m.Victoria Park Seniors Centre, 150 Albert St W, Fergus, ON N1M 1X2, CanadaPlanning in advance, before there is a need, allows you to think with clarity. Making decisions ahead of time and documenting them helps to make your wishes known. Learn what your options are in Ontario and how to plan while being supported with local resources.
- Sun., Nov. 03Kitchener MarketNov. 03, 2019, 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.Kitchener Market, 300 King St E, Kitchener, ON N2G 2L3, CanadaModern Deathcare is a vendor at this event. The goal of the Life and Death Expo is to help local community members make informed decisions about matters related to the seasons of life. There will be information on established resources, emerging trends and less familiar options.
- Sat., Oct. 19Elora Centre For The ArtsOct. 19, 2019, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Elora Centre For The Arts, 75 Melville St, Elora, ON N0B 1S0, CanadaThe mission of the Modern Deathcare Expo is to empower individuals in enacting family-led deathcare, to educate the public about the many end-of-life options available in Ontario and to assist with death planning well before there is a need.
- Sat., Oct. 19Elora Centre For The Arts