Community Seed Exchange
Time & Location
About the Event
Have some fun and swap some seeds!
Let's get excited about the growing season ahead.
You will receive as many new seed packets as you send in to swap.
How the swap works:
1. Share non-GMO vegetable, flower and herb seeds. Ideally share from heirloom varieties when possible. Swap up to 30 packets.
2. Select seeds no more than 3 years old for the best germination rates.
3. Make sure you include enough seeds in each packet to ensure a decent harvest. 5-15 seeds for things like tomatoes or peppers, and 10-20 for a crop like corn or beans. Use your judgment. When in doubt, be generous.
4. Mini plastic zip-lock bags or manila coin envelopes make great seed packets, and both can easily be purchased at Dollarama in the craft aisle, online or in hobby shops. Or feel free to make creative envelopes out of paper. Label the seed packets with the variety, (optional: add basic growing information), and your name/nickname/initials so you don't receive back seeds you've sent in.
E.g. Black Krim Tomato (heirloom variety), 7-14 days germination, 70 days to maturity from transplant, Karry Sawatsky
5. Deliver or mail seeds by February 16, 2021. Option A: Deliver seeds to the Elora Brewing Company (EBC). Option B: mail seeds to P.O. Box 2995, Elora, Ontario, N0B 1S0. If you would like your new seed packets mailed back to you, please include $5 for return postage.
6. Receive seeds. Option A: pick up from Elora Brewing Company. Option B: I can mail your seeds back to you - Include your return address and $5 for postage if you choose this option. You are also welcome to drop off seeds to EBC and then have them mailed back to you or mail in seeds and pick up your new seeds from EBC.
6. No seeds to swap? Great! Pay $30 to have an assortment of seeds mailed to you. Deliver or mail cash or cheque to EBC or to Modern Deathcare at P.O. Box 2995, Elora, Ontario, N0B 1S0. Or purchase a 'ticket' for $30 below. Include your return address.
I am planning to have your new seeds to you by March 1 so that those early birds can start their basil and tomatoes.
- Seed packets are labeled with Type (e.g. flower, herb, tomato/cucumber etc), Variety (e.g. Marizole Gold), your name/nickname/initials. Optional: add growing information.
- All seed packets are inside one larger envelope or plastic zip-loc bag.
- Return mailing address is included
- $5 for return postage is included if applicable
- Deadline for submissions is February 16, 2021
Mail your seeds to Modern Deathcare, P.O. Box 2995, Elora, Ontario, N0B1S0 or deliver to Elora Brewing Company (107 Geddes St, Elora).
Sending you love and light,
Media Coverage of the Event:
- Purchase Seeds$30$300$0
- Exchange Seeds$0$00$0
- Return postage$5$50$0